Saturday, September 11, 2010

Back-to-school

Well the first week of school is done and we've all made it through without any problems. I was a little worried because this is the first year that I have had to make school lunches and my daughter is a very picky and petite eater. I was cringing at the thought of trying to come up with a snack and lunch for her while also trying to get the kids out the door on time. This year I want to be prepared and keep my mommy spasses to a minimum. To make the change to a full day of school a little more appealing I bought my oldest a fancy lunch bag off of Etsy. I of course, had to get one for my youngest so that she would be just as stylish at preschool. I bought the bags from Diane Giannotti of Diane's Corner and it was very hard to choose which design to get because she has such a great variety of designer prints to choose from. We ended up getting two different floral prints by Michael Miller. Each lunch bag is insulated and came with a matching snack bag. This is a perfect set in my quest to  use less plastic. I was very impressed with the craftsmanship and the quality of material. The velcro on the snack bag was even top drawer.

I ordered my bags in August thinking I had enough time for them to arrive for school. I had asked the girls not to ask me everyday about when the bags were going to arrive because I knew they had a bit to travel. Well the bags took over two weeks to arrive  and they nearly asked everyday about them. Please note that this was no fault of the seller though because she sent the order out right away. For some reason Canada Post thinks I need everything to arrive in two weeks or more no matter where it comes from. Grrrrr... I suspect this probably has more to do with things being stuck at customs.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Diane's Corner to anyone who would like to snazz up their lunch with one her beautiful bags. Below is a "fan photo" of my girls with their pretty bags. Thanks Diane.




Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment