Sunday, February 6, 2011

Year of the Rabbit print exchange

This past week was the start of the Chinese New Year which is celebrated by a large proportion of the Canadian population. All over the country festivals and celebrations are held to see in the beginning of the new lunar year, the Year of the Rabbit.

  Just like last year's Year of the Tiger, the PROOF Gallery in Toronto put a call out to printmakers to create imagery around the rabbit. This international print exchange will be on display from Feb. 2-13.



For my bunny submission I chose to create a drypoint on a plastic plate. Once the edition was printed, I hand painted each print with watercolor. I'm happy to say that my little print made it onto the poster for the show this year.

Gung Hai Fat-Choy!

No comments:

Post a Comment