Sunday, May 15, 2011

Local Showings

Just thought I'd let let you guys know that I'm currently showing works in a couple places right now. I have one series of landscapes and moon images hung up at the Terry Fox Library in Port Coquitlam. If you're that far into the 'burbs you take a look and take out a book.

My second show is hung in the Upper Rotunda of the Richmond Brighouse Library. This new series is all about mushrooms and I taken the theme and explored it in a variety of ways. I really enjoyed creating the works for this show because I gave myself permission to experiment and learn things that I had been putting off for ages.


If you happen to be in the downtown Richmond area, take a look and you'll see monotypes, watercolors,photography, digital painting, encaustics and linocuts all inter-mixed. I haven't yet properly documented this work but once it comes down I will and I will start adding the pieces to my shop. As always, these pieces have spurred some new ideas. If only my studio time were more often.

3 comments: