Friday, December 2, 2011

Studio Morran

 In the last week of October I saw a post from Geninne on Facebook about a call for submissions. I love Geninne's work so I took a look at the call. Artist Camilla Engman, another artist I admire had asked artist's to create an image of her little dog Morran in the hopes of creating enough images to compile a book. I saw the call just a few days before it was to be closed so I didn't have that much time to come up with something. I really wanted to be part of this though as her dog was just so darn cute! I quickly created a black and white digital painting of Morran based on one of her many Flickr portraits. I created it reductively just like I do my monotypes and it was a great exercise in using my tablet.

Below is my submission but I so wish I had more time to have created something more playful and unique.  You MUST check out the Studio Morran blog to see some of the fantastic submissions that have been accepted to be part of the book. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.




Unfortunately this post doesn't have a happy ending because little Morran became ill not too long ago and has since past away. Judging from all the sympathetic comments on the blog, Morran's little face will be missed. From muse to fond memory. Camilla, I'm very sorry for your loss. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about Morran. This is a great way to memorialize him, though. Great work!

    ReplyDelete