Sunday, May 20, 2012

Illustration Friday: Sight


Here's my submission for Illustration Friday: Sight. Maybe I should save it for when the topic Teeth comes up.
The weekend got away from me and I didn't get a chance to color this one. I did this drawing in my sketchbook and scanned it into Photoshop. I want to try and colorize the sketch and add layers to it. I didn't understand before why illustrators seem to draw and then scan their images versus drawing right into a program with a tablet. I figured you would be very restricted to the scanner size but now I know....it's faster and much more comfortable. I find drawing with the tablet has a lot of advantages but it's still very different and I tend to get cramping in my hand and arm. I've tried holding the pen in various ways but it's still not as natural as a real pencil on paper.

Check back and see what I end up doing for the color.

*After post of color version*

1 comment:

  1. Really cute! I love how you've got the reflection in the lenses!

    ReplyDelete