Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hmm...Self-sabatoge or a kick in the pants?


As I write this I can see the summer has just about ended. It's like someone has flipped a switch and the hot sunny days are gone again. The kids will be going to their new school and I'll have to get into a new routine. So far our move here has been really good and I've been so thrilled with how nice and welcoming people have been to us. The only real disappointment has been the job that I've had to take. I found another serving job but at the moment I make so little in tips that it's almost not worth mentioning so basically I make minimum wage. This fact does nothing to ease any nerves I have about starting a new life in our new home. And when I say nerves I mean my stomach which almost in constant pain lately.

  I will continue to try and get a new serving job but there really isn't that much out there right now. Well...not for someone who has over twenty years experience, doesn't fit into a size six mini-dress with cleavage, has some grey hair and a few wrinkles. *sigh*
This is when I wonder how I ended up in this predicament. I complain that serving doesn't let me use all the skills and talents I possess and then I end up with a serving job where I use even less of my skills and make nearly the smallest amount of money possible.

I'm trying to look for the positive in this and use it as my motivation to really get my art career going and paying for itself. It's always been scary to think about depending on my art abilities to pay the bills. Bills are constant and art freelancing is sporadic. I've tried bringing in money for so long now and I've mostly had to pay to use my talents but I deserve more than this. It's a test in resilience and patience, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment