Saturday, August 4, 2012

It's a wedding day


 Today the family is going to a wedding. My brother-in-law is getting married and we're getting out our fancy duds to help celebrate the big event.  I really should be getting ready instead of writing this because there's still nail polish to put on and hair to do.

I was asked if I would be willing to create a cake topper for the wedding and while I've always wanted to make one, I thought that I wouldn't have enough time thanks to our recent move. I knew I would have to do a couple trial pieces and I didn't want to rush a keepsake like that. Instead I referred the bride to Mumer Fremo's shop who has some really cute one-of-a-kind cake toppers. Aren't these dogs fantastic?





I'm really eager to see the wedding cake that will hold the cake topper. As you may know I love cake decorating and I love seeing a well decorated cake in person. I've only done one wedding cake myself but I have full respect for people who can create such beauty out of butter, sugar and flour.

What do you think of this pretty little example of a cake? I've noticed fluffy flowers and ruffly icing is the current trend right now. Beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment