Saturday, December 29, 2012

Year of the Snake Print Exchange

Well hello there! How was your Christmas? Hectic? Fun? Relaxing? I hope you're ready for the new year because I can see it's around the corner. 

For the past few years now I have contributed to an annual print exchange through PROOF Gallery and this year we'll be creating images to celebrate the Year of the Snake.   Below is my submission which is a drypoint created on a plastic plate and then hand-colored with watercolors. Below that is the artist proof in straight black and white and I think I prefer that version. What do you think? Which do you prefer?
Do you ever create a drawing and then regret coloring it?

You can view all the snake print submissions from around the world at the Year of the Snake blog



1 comment:

  1. Hum... tricky question, Lori! I like both versions, for different reasons...

    I think, for a Print Exchange event, I would send in the b&w version - just because it's the more "printsy" of the two.

    But I think the coloured version would be great in your shop. It's a fab print - I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete